View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Kevin Forbes

vCash: 500
Hi guys,

I had a hard time slotting both Huberdeau and Coyle (whether they were wingers or centres).

In the end, I opted to place them both as wingers, because in the games I saw in the second half of the season, they played even strength on the wing with Gauthier in the middle.

I mentioned in Coyle's writeup that often either one of them lined up to take the draw depending on the situation (including powerplay and the fact that the pair of them have been used as a penalty killing unit). Hope that helps.

When it comes to Grenier, I'm based in Halifax and I feel I got a pretty good feel for the player this year. Everything that has been said in this thread about inconsistent play is something I agree with. But the way I viewed this list was the idea of "who would you take first". I believe Grenier has top six potential (not guaranteeing he will ever realize that). Whereas I don't think that's the case with a number of the players below him. Furthermore, I think it needs to be acknowledged that this was only Grenier's second year (actually his first full year) in the QMJHL. So it's harder to compare him apples to apples with a player who might have four years experience at this level. When talking about Grenier and you look at his size, his skill, his skating... if Vancouver can provide the right atmosphere of coaching and development, I truly believe he could become an NHL player.

Finally, quick note on Tesink. Next year, I can almost guarantee that (if he stays with Saint John), someone will all of the sudden make a thread about this Ryan Tesink guy who came out of no where as a 19-year-old and is this big steal for the Blues. I talked about it a bit in the article and although Tesink benefited in the games he did play due to injuries to players like Huberdeau and Galiev to get opportunities in the top six, next year, he looks to be one of Saint John's top players and will get plenty of opportunities in all situations.