View Single Post
Old
03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Gagne is a better skater, yes... but he doesn't have the pure offensive ability that Carter has, it's just that simple. Gagne is my favorite player on the team, by far and away, but he was never expected to be the offensive presence he has become at the NHL level.

As far as the bold, I would argue that Carter might have the best wrist shot on this team RIGHT NOW... and that's before you even think about him developing it over the next few years. His problem is that he's still learning how to create that shot chance at the NHL level, but give him a couple of years and I think he will be much better at getting his shot off than Gagne is... You rarely see Gagne go around anyone with a move, he's generally just burning people with speed... Carter has a bit more slipperyness to his game, and that will continue to develop.

You can come back to this debate 4 years from now, but by then I expect Carter to be the better goal scorer of the two. Gagne will still be the better two-way player of the two, which is something to brag about in and of itself.
Carter does have a really hard shot but needs to improve on the accuracy...you are right that will come with time (accuracy and shot selection).

But Gagne has the quickest release on the Flyers and probably top 5 in the league.