View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 12:52 AM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
****ing pathetic effort all around.

From the players to coaching. Torts with his atrocious line combos all game. He had John ****ing Mitchell on the ice with 4 mins left. I just don't understand.

I highly doubt they flop like this in Game 7. We got this.
Nothing wrong with Mitchell, Prust game has declined since he came here and i think hes used a little too much leading to bad penalties more often. Plus Feds is not a guy to generate goal.

The problem is the Richards and Gaborik combo are not getting dirty enough and to win even your skilled guys have to do it. Look at Ovi hes laying his body out taking risks, and playing every minute like it counts, honestly a guy like that deserves it over two guys who rarely engage in any physical contact. Yes there games are supposed to be skilled but it is evident on the PP that you have to adapt, if Richards is not playing on the point there in no use for him moving up as the QB. Now you have he Del Zotto, and Stepan none with any ability to shoot very well and than you have Gaborik who is not going to be bodying around the net if there is a shot nor does he recruit pucks very well. Only Callahan get somewhat engaged in the dirty areas you need to go, but his size really limits his ability to have an impact and create too much space. This why if you the PP it must consist of atleast two guys who are willing to get around the net, bang, protect and gain loose pucks and rebounds we have one. Next we have very weak shot presence none of the three have much of a shot and are all afraid to use it, and if they did no one is in front. ITs funny when were desperate this occurs and Hagelin seems to be having his nose behind and around the net. At this point, i would award him on the top PP unit. You have nothing to lose as the PP is just a joke. I would also prefer Stall and Stralman as the two D on the PP. Both can skate well and both atleast have longer reaches to change shot angles. I really wish Torts would try a combo like that.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote