View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 04:12 AM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Dear Ryan Suter,

Thank you for your years as a Predator. By being the very good defense-man that you are, you have earned the right to play wherever you want and for whomever you want.

However, I really feel Nashville is the best place for you.

You currently have the best partner for you in Shea Weber. He's not just some random good complimentary defense-man, he's a norris trophy candidate. You and Weber currently form one of the best pairs of defense in the entire league. If you and he choose to stay together in Nashville, you could form a dominant, legendary, and possibly Hall of Fame pair.

The Predators organization is currently a team that is on the way up. You know what is in the locker room in Pekka Rinne, Colin Wilson, Craig Smith, Gabriel Bourque, Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis, among others. You have a vezina candidate goalie that has made the commitment and signed long term. You have stability in the coaching staff and general manager's office.

You asked for David Poile to show a commitment to winning. And you also said it wasn't about the big splash, but the right one. David Poile went out and brought in 3 key pieces at the trade deadline. He then brought back "the best player not in the NHL". Those moves were universally heralded and landed us as a true contender.

The city and fans and businesses have embraced the Predators like never before, and it's growing each and every day. This season we had 30 consecutive sellouts dating back to January 7. Our owners have stepped up and allowed David Poile to assemble a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup without any financial constraints.

You have been known to enjoy the simpler lifestyle. The city of Nashville is a wonderful place to raise a family. It offers many of the same things that large urban cities have but also retains that small-town, family oriented, community feel. As someone that has resided here for the last 5 years you already know the financial advantages you enjoy here as compared to some other cities. You have said you enjoy being able to be out of the spotlight and media crush.

Ryan Suter, you being on this team makes it a better team. If you leave, the team will not be as good. You on the roster increases our chances of winning the Cup. The fans and city are standing with you. Will you choose to Stand With Us?

Signed,
A Day One Season Ticket Holder

PS. If you honestly look at the Detroit team, that we just took out in 5 games, and think it is on the way up and it's a better situation than Nashville, then I think you need to be checked for dementia. I will not cheer you at all.
If only 1 letter could be sent to Mr. Suter, I choose THIS one. No further meeting needed with Mr. Poile, Mr. Trotz, Mr. Weber, a Preds Dancer, Mrs. Mike Fisher, or even Taylor Swift. Just get this letter to him, and let what will be, be.