View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 05:38 AM
artilector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
I don't think we were dominant in game 5 by any stretch Yes, we blew a lead at the very end, but i thought we were lucky to have that lead in first place. I thought NYR dominated us in periods 1 and 2, no question.

Also, we were very fortunate with the sequence of calls and non-calls at the end of game 4. The non-call on the slash against boyle, the subsequent call on similar play against carlson, the non-call on the borderline trip(/dive) of callahan as he tried to clear the zone on PK, and then the blown call on knuble flicking the puck over the glass. We got lucky on those calls, pure and simple.
Yeah, we were about to steal Game 5 before Ward's double-whammy. Rangers controlled most of the play IMO, except at the very end when they had to open up. And overall in the series, Rangers have generated more offensive zone pressure. Which is not surprising, because our top 6 still can't cycle. Caps are staying competitive via "asymmetric warfare" -- pouncing on turnovers/mistakes, sniping off set plays or broken plays, PP, and of course limiting the quality of opponents' chances and trying to limit the quantity.. but even with our insane blocking, Rangers are putting bigger volume of shots on goal. Caps are right in it, but it ain't easy..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote