View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
I'd rather keep'em.

There's nothing wrong with sharing the center position on one or both of the top 2 lines.

I think the most obvious issue is getting Jordan better quality offensive minutes. He has proven he's skilled enough to be a part of a top PP unit.

PP Unit #1A:

Kunitz, Staal, Crosby

PP Unit #1B:

Sullivan, Malkin, Neal

There's no issue with scoring goals with this team 5 on 5, but the PP goes stagnant when you put both Geno and Sid on the same PP due to over crowding the RW boards. They also pass up a ton of shots with over passing making sure each has touched the puck. No one should ever pass up shooting the puck as we have seen over the "years". Two units not only allows for better PP cycle, it allows Staal better quality offensive minutes, fresher players for shifts after the PP keeping a top line at close to 100 as possible. Not only for that part of the game, but for the entirety of the game, "60:00's".

They always get into times when the top PP is the one who created the penalty call and are tired from being on the ice leading to it. This allows always having a top PP unit that's fresh. These guys have to understand it's a team effort that'll win them more with out as much struggling getting through each game. With this team its talent supports that theory. They really shouldn't have to struggle the amount they do.

The only time they should be bunched up is if they are trailing by 2 or more goals.
No offense, but I'm not going to view Sullivan being back as a good thing. If he is, then it means he's a top six guy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
I will enjoy the day he is signed to a new contract so we can forget all of this trading him talk. Hes one of the best forwards on this team and has proven that he can contribute both as an elite defensive center and a scoring forward. Cant ask for anymore from a player.
You mean the 5.5M per year contract that so many people here think is coming?