Thread: Speculation: Brian Elliott
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
I'd gladly take Elliott back and I'd expect him to be our starter. It's not like the guy only got backup minutes this year. He played 38 games with the best goals against average since before World War 2. He also had the best save pct. since the stat was invented. For those who say it's all Ken Hitchcock's system I need to know why no other Hitchcock goalie has ever put up those kind of numbers. It's sickening the way Sens fans keep crapping on this guy.
If you really can't see the correlation between the career numbers Halak, Turco, Elliott, Mason and Leclaire have all put under Hitchcock's system and you honestly believe that Elliott is a better goalie than Anderson, then there really is no explanation anyone can provide to you.

I'm not crapping on him, I'm just pointing out that he's nothing more than a back-up. A back-up who put up impressive numbers in a Hitchcock system.

I can't seriously believe anyone would take Elliott over Anderson would they? I mean, look at how each performs in the playoffs and that makes any argument pointless.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote