View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I do have a feeling that we, the media and everyone else will speculate about him leaving and then Shero will work his magic to keep him around. He always seems to.

I'm not sure that's the best thing for him or us though. He has clearly outgrown his 3rd line center role and I don't see an opportunity to move up the depth chart at his natural position. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to move the NHL's best center (Crosby) or the likely league MVP and scoring champ (Malkin) to the wing.
Ya it is kind of obvious...

Staal is not a winger and of the big three, i am beyond certain he is the one who would struggle the most at wing.

If he comes back, then Malkin has to go to wing. There is simply no other way to utilize these three in a better manner.

For the people who want Staal back, to pay him what it will take to retain him, you better accept that means Malkin to wing. Because you don't pay a guy like Staal that kind of money to play wing.

Malkin is a team guy, so he will do it, and excel as I always said. Will he be pissed to a certain extent? Maybe...

You cant avoid the reality that for Staal to be in the top 6, someone has to play wing and Staal is the worst fit...