View Single Post
Old
03-22-2006, 01:20 PM
StanleyCH25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Here's a look at 8 of our top 10 offensive forwards. (only omissions are obviously Kovy and Ribs who despite getting consistently bashed has consistently been putting points on the board. Ranked based on recent point per games which I have putin parantheses.
I really can't take the data you present seriously since you aren't comparing production for each player in the same context. If you wanted to be fair, you would have shown how all those players have produced within the same number of games. When you intentionally include more games for some who have struggled earlier but have gotten back in a groove recently or intentionally take fewer games for players who were producing earlier but have suddenly stopped really doesn't give the right picture.

If we look at the last 10 games (pretty much the month of March):

Ryder: 1 goal and 5 assists for 6 points
Koivu: 0 goals and 4 assists for 4 points
Plekanek: 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points
Bulis: 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points
Bonk: 0 goals and 1 assist for 1 point
Zednik: 2 goals and 3 assists for 5 points
Higgins: 4 goals and 1 assist for 5 points
Perezhogin: 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points

So based on the last 10 games, Perezhogin, Bonk and Plekanek haven't contributed much but then again 2 play on the 4th line and one is on the 3rd line. Zednik, Ryder and Higgins have given us 5 pts while Koivu has given 4 which isn't great but isn't awful either but they could all step it up a little. Bulis has given us 4 points which is pretty decent considering the role he plays.

So the team, as a whole, needs to step it up a little but mainly, we need to get more production out of the top line which I think everyone would agree is the main issue we've been having lately: A lack of production from our top line.

That line has been really struggling as far as I'm concerned as Ryder just isn't getting some of his shots to go in. He's taken 37 shots in those 10 games and only 1 of them has gone in.