View Single Post
Old
03-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
I agree. Koivu is not alone in this MAJOR offensive slump, that's for sure. It's just that it's kind of a normal thing to hope a guy that has been know to put 70+ points a season can give us some of that when we really needs it.

Ryder will get back on track. I wish it would be right now but we tend to forget both him and Ribeiro are only on their "true" 2nd year. Sophomore years arent usually the greatest in most players cases and still... Ribeiro is pretty decent after his bad start and Ryder will still ends up with about 30 goals.
Dont expect Ryder to turn it around, he wont. I've seen a lot of players like that, people think he will get back to scoring but it ends up getting worst and worst. We can look out for next year for him because he's lost it for the present season. Thats not the case for Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Koivu,Bulis and Zednik, they've all shown skill and intensity at least a few times this season. We dont need them to score at a ppg, but its imperative they at least get goals every 4-5 game, whats happening is unacceptable and has nothing to do with a lack of talent. They need to cut to the net more and try to get more garbage goals. Once they do that, the scoring will come.