View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
The problem is that Torts won't stick with them if the game is scoreless. He only sticks with his lines if they have a lead, but in a 1-goal game, the players know they are on a short leash.

Torts needs to go through tape, and find three lines with integrity and continuity. Your lines meet that criteria, so let's just pray he keeps them together.

I'm surprised when trailing he doesn't go back to the lines from mid-season. In a pinch, unite AA-Stepan-Gaborik and Hagelin/Kreider-Richards-Callahan.

The bottom six should never enter that rotation with Dubinsk hurt, yet Torts does it on a nightly basis
I think the top line has been good enough to keep them together. While they're not putting points on the board, at least they're getting chances. That's more than you can say about the other lines he had out there last night.

A real issue for me is that we have no defined roles for our lineup. With the way the lines were assembled, it basically gave us one scoring line and 3 energy lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
In my humble opinion, switch Callahan and Anisimov and we've got a winner!!
Anisimov has been the better player in the offensive zone, has proven chemistry with Stepan, and while Kreider-Stepan-Callahan was a good looking line, it seemed like Callahan was the odd-man out. He looked lost with those guys. Plus, over the last few games, Callahan has done more damage in the offensive zone than good. He's making bad passes, and is having a hard time protecting the puck on the wall. Take him out of the top six and see if he can find a fix in a reduced role.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote