View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Mothra

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Apparently some people do care about the regular season, as they're giving the Caps more credit for being a lower seed.

I'm saying I don't care about it. They don't get more credit from me for getting this far just because they're the lower seed. They get the same amount of credit they'd get if they won the President's Trophy.

Like I said, I'm quite sure that if you could speak to Dale candidly, he'd agree with my assessment that they're far from where they need to be defensively, because of their inability to stop the cycle and clear the zone. It's something they need to fix/improve if they want to get further.
IMO they were a clear cut underdog against Boston.....regardless of seeding. For that I say they deserve some credit.....bonus for doing it with the 3rd string goalie

They were a higher seed against Pit and I felt like they were the underdog so I agree that seeding doesnt matter that much....on the same note there are teams they should beat, again.....regardless of seed. Losing to teams like that is a bit more unforgivable, for lack of a better term.

To equate the Boston win with beating NYR last season (or this season if they win) isnt how I look at it or giving it the proper recognition it deserves. Didnt you call for a sweep? and now its just any old series win?

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote