View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
The Bruins were not the best team going. They were ripe for an upset (I didn't believe the Caps would pull it off, so kudos to them for doing it, but the groundwork was there).

Thomas wasn't the Thomas they had before. They didn't have Horton. Some of their key contributors weren't mentally prepared. The team itself had had an iffy second half (comparable to the Caps').

You can say that being the defending champs comes with an inbuilt intimidation factor and whatnot, fine. But that team wasn't the best coming in by a long shot.

And for the record, I'll let myself use the word "impressed" to describe how I feel about what they've done so far (partly because I'm a pessimist). But not proud. If they had done what they were supposed to do at any of several points then they could have been in an even better position than they are now.
I disagree with your comments. Who was better/respected coming into the playoffs? Maybe NYR? Other than that? You wont tell me Phoenix, Los Angeles, or New Jersey.

Thomas played well (just like Lundqvist), Holtby just beat him. Is that so hard to admit?

Horton was missing, but Seguin was much better. Rolston wasnt as good as Recchi. They were a different team than last year (by a little bit, not a lot), but the Caps changed/frustrated them. They had all of their main horses save Horton, and the Caps beat them.

Its fine....6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Ridley Simon is offline   Reply With Quote