View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
FlyerGuy18

vCash: 500
Bryz SovSport interview translated by PD's Dmitry Chesnokov

Quote:
Goalie Ilya Bryzgalov had an eventful first season with the Philadelphia Flyers. He recently spoke with Natalia Bragilevskaya, SovSport's reporter in Philadelphia, about losing to the New Jersey Devils and that David Clarkson goal; how difficult the critics have been to deal with this season; and whether he ever regretted signing with the Flyers.

To say the least, Bryzgalov had some candid thoughts about the pressure of being a Flyer. For example:

"We have an excellent team. All the guys are good, the management is great. But there is a lot of negativity surrounding the team. You did everything you could on the ice. You go to the locker room and someone yells some nonsense at your back. They're ready to eat you alive. It's unpleasant, because we are all people. You should understand that I am not speaking out against the fans. Philadelphia has great fans, they are the majority. They are always with the team in difficult times. Even after a mistake they say words of support. But who didn't make mistakes in this world?"

The original Russian story is here. Enjoy this translation:

Q. You're in a bad mood, Ilya?

BRYZGALOV: "Of course. I was expecting different. But New Jersey played better."

It appeared that after the series against Pittsburgh you're not afraid of anything.

"These are two absolutely different teams. The Penguins, just like us, rely a lot on their offense. They play the Brazilian system: 'You score as many as you can. We [score] as many as we want. We got an open hockey.' And New Jersey is similar to other clubs left in the playoffs. Their defense is good. They don't let you create a lot of chances in their zone. I was very surprised by what the Devils showed. They outplayed us in every component."

What can you say about yourself? You made a few mistakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...43.html?cmp=fb

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 05-10-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Can't post whole article
FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote