View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
It's not about being rushed, but more about what is best for his development. What benefit does it serve a 6'4" defenseman to return to junior for another year to battle against 17 and 18 year old kids, when he could spend every day learning from guys like Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg how to play defense in the NHL. I'd rather see Hamilton play 12-15 minutes/night on the bottom pairing, sit next to Chara in the locker room every day, and learn what it takes to be successful in the NHL for the next 15 years...rather than return to his billets care, play against teenagers, and try to top a season that already named him the best defenseman in the OHL.

It's nonsensical. No one inferring that Hamilton should be prepared to come in and play top pairing minutes right away, but he's got nothing to prove in the OHL. He's grown as much as he can grow there.
I agree with most of what you're saying here, except for the bolded. Offensively, he has nothing to prove, no doubt, he's been incredible. But when it comes to defensive play, aggression, physicality - that you'd like to see from someone his size - he has room for improvement, IMO. The NHL isn't going anywhere. I just feel if he'll be a lot more likely to refine the skills I mentioned, and be a better player in the future, if he's in the OHL rather than the NHL next year.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote