View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheesMoustache View Post
I understand your argument here but i dont necessarily agree... If edm. is targeting a specific player (probably a D), then they still get him with our #3.. not so much after the Isles pick tho...

Price for Leafs to move up would be a lot more because there is a much higher risk the guy they want is then gone... they may try to jack the price on us but at the end of the day, timmins wont overpay if he thinks edm wants a certain player that will probably be taken by #4 ...

Price of moving up is only a bidding war if edm wants to risk letting teams 5-10 in on it and that means risking losing the player(s) they want.
Thing is, they won't risk losing their player (Columbus can also trade down) for a guy like Weber. This draft is similar as the one in 2003 in terms of who's going first...there's no clear top pick...

Quote:
The Florida Panthers trade the first pick (Marc-Andre Fleury) and 73rd pick (Daniel Carcillo) to the Pittsburgh Penguins for the third pick (Nathan Horton), the 55th pick (Stefan Meyer) and Mikael Samuelsson.
So we'd have to add a pick or two...and who knows what Weber value is. I don't think it's high at all, but you never know (remember that 2nd we got for Eric Chouinard...)