View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Top Cheese Danish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I would also hope that seeing the Coyotes win it all would motivate Bryz like nothing else this offseason -- not that he doesn't already have enough motivation with how this season went. But to see his old team -- one that he definitely felt he carried during his time in the desert, that didn't want to pay him what he felt he was worth (and justifiably so), and which still employs ex-teammates who summarily trashed him in October/November -- win the Stanley Cup the season after letting him go? And not just that, but win it in large part because of the guy they signed to replace him? Man, would anything sting more than that? Basically, the Coyotes -- who felt Bryz quit on them against Detroit last year in the playoffs -- told him he wasn't as good as he thought he was, then essentially proved it to him by getting Mike Smith (who should be right up there with Lundqvist and Quick for the Vezina), having the best season in franchise history, and advancing to the conference finals.

Talk about the giving someone the ultimate giant middle finger.
Eh, I hope you're right, but I don't know how much it will "sting." He already has his name on a Cup.

(Let's go Caps!)

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote