View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm all done with the Francisco experiment, and I hope Spott is too. He just doesn't seem to give a damn out on the ice, and working hard 20 minutes of the entire season is not acceptable. The kid has skill, but skill alone isn't going to take him anywhere.

Lesway works his butt off, but doesn't have the skill level. I love the kid, but I can see better options for that roster spot. As a 4th line energy player, he's fine.
I'm with you on Francisco. Bottom line is the kid has no heart and plays afraid. Nothing drove me mad more than watching him charge in on the forecheck, spray the d-man with snow, then gently brush up against him and skate off confident that he fooled the coaching staff yet again that he put a body check on the guy!!! I don't care what Spott gave up to get him (Maxwell). Steve, the experiment is over!! This deal between you and Sarnia was a wash. Enough already.

Also, while we are on the topic of dead experiments, same goes for Grant too!! Spott needs to admit using a 3rd rounder on this guy was a mistake and move on (even though Stefan Noesen was still on the board ). I'll never forget draft day that year reading the posts on RangersRush from Lone Ranger during the draft basically screaming at Spott to take Noesen. That's a day Spott should have been logged onto that forum!!

Grant played the way Charlie Girl said Lesway did but without any results. And he had lots of opportunities too. Spott even tried him on the point on the PP! BUT, he's a year older so IMO, there isn't any room on this roster for this type of player at his age. I would give Lesway a shot to make this team next year as he is a year younger - but I'm not optimistic he'll make the cut - especially with Meighan, Sterk, and Pederson ahead of him.

Last edited by EvenSteven: 05-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.