View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
I agree with most of what you're saying here, except for the bolded. Offensively, he has nothing to prove, no doubt, he's been incredible. But when it comes to defensive play, aggression, physicality - that you'd like to see from someone his size - he has room for improvement, IMO. The NHL isn't going anywhere. I just feel if he'll be a lot more likely to refine the skills I mentioned, and be a better player in the future, if he's in the OHL rather than the NHL next year.
But why would he improve those things playing in the OHL versus the NHL? I don't disagree that those are the things that he needs to work on, but I still fail to see why playing in the OHL for another year against far inferior talent both in his locker room and on opposing teams is a positive step for his development. I'm serious...make the case for me that another year in the OHL is better for his development than a year with guys like Seidenberg, Chara, etc every day in practice. Because I don't see it. I don't see how learning how to exert your physical will on 17 years olds half your size is going to somehow translate to a more aggressive and well rounded player in 12 months.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote