View Single Post
Old
05-10-2012, 11:31 PM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Well it kind of work for Pietrangelo, I think it's easier to work on your defense in junior, NHL coaches seems to bench defensman who make lots of errors.

If he's playing he could learn in the NHL too, I'm just not buying the "he has nothing more to learn in junior" thing.
I never said he has nothing left to "learn" in junior, I stated that he has nothing left to "prove" in junior. Huge difference, and not just semantics. I have no doubt that he could learn plenty by returning to Niagara for another year, but is it best for his development? He was already the best defenseman in the league this season, so what's left to prove?

It's nonsensical to make the argument that players need to stay in junior/NCAA/Europe until they've ironed out every aspect of their game. If the goal is to become a productive NHL player for the long haul, then wouldn't playing in and learning from NHL players make more sense than dominating teenagers for another season? He's going to learn more in the first 3 months in Boston about what it takes to thrive in the NHL than he would over the entire next season in the OHL.

Dougie Hamilton has proven enough in this past season in Niagara to make a reasonable argument that it's time to move on and become an NHL player.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote