View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 12:27 AM
phillyt45

vCash: 500
After lurking for the last few weeks on here, I decided I should post since these boards have been pretty helpful. I've been a hockey fan ever since going to some Canucks games as a kid and have wanted to play for a while. Now that I am done with college and actually have the money / time I figure there is no reason for me to not be playing hockey. I went skating for the first time since like middle school (I'm 24 now) a couple weeks ago. I couldn't hockey stop do any of the more advanced stuff, but I have pretty good balance so I can go forward and stuff without falling.

My dad started playing 5 years ago having never skated before and now is a good skater so it is encouraging to see how practicing a lot pays off. He was also able to get me a bag with a full set of gear (minus skates and a decent stick) for cheap from a coworker and gave it to me! And I just got my skates today. I will be taking one of the adult learn to play hockey classes that are offered in my area in a few months. But for now I am just planning on working out and hitting the rec skates a bunch since I need obviously learn to skate and need to get in better shape (gained a lot of weight after starting a desk job after college). Needless to say, I am really excited to finally start playing! I will try to give some updates, as I have found reading others' stories to be pretty helpful in knowing what to expect.

... And maybe in the future I will get to challenge Beth since we live in the same area

phillyt45 is offline   Reply With Quote