Thread: Confirmed with Link: Koivu resigned to a 1 year, 3M + Bonuses
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
SupermanPahlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I like Cogs as a player, but the fit is poor. we need to get back to being tough, it worked well for the blues, despite not being an elite team talent wise......I would try to bring in Paul Gaustad to anchor our 4th line, Beleskey if he wants to be a regular needs to be a consistently physical player, he should mold himself after Neil or Shawn Thornton.....and no more Parros, sign McGratton or give a young enforcer, who can also skate on your 4th line a chance.

The defense also needs to get bigger and tougher....basically we need a bigger, slightly more talented version of Brookbank...I think Lydman will bounce back after having several months to truly recover from his injuries.

Of course, this is ALL moot, if RPG all perform so terribly again
I think Gaustad is too expensive as a 4th line option, especially considering the fact that Koivu/Bonino would stop him from moving up in the lineup next year. If we're talking about this when Koivu isn't signed yet, then I love it since he could be the 2A/2B compliment to Bonino. This is the same argument about Jim Slater.

I would rather look at a cheap option like Zenon Konopka or Dominic Moore. To his wing, I suppose Neil, but what about Adam Burish or Brandon Prust? Prust is a guy who if we signed, could allow one of Perry or Ryan to move off of the PK (although Bruce might like them both there). Prust scored something like seven short-handed goals last season, and he would definitely solidify a fourth line that's perennially short-shifted at the end of games. He'd at least be valuable.

Last edited by SupermanPahlsson: 05-11-2012 at 10:34 AM.
SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote