View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Well it kind of work for Pietrangelo, I think it's easier to work on your defense in junior, NHL coaches seems to bench defensman who make lots of errors.

If he's playing he could learn in the NHL too, I'm just not buying the "he has nothing more to learn in junior" thing.
In some cases I'd agree with you but I think you're wrong here.

He dominated the league and was near the top for almost all defensive categories. He received the "OHL Defenseman of the Month" 4 out of the 6 times it was awarded. He was voted by the coaches as being the best defenseman in terms of offense in the league and came in 2nd for best defenseman in terms of defense in the league. He dominated voting for OHL Defenseman of the Year:

Quote:
Hamilton received an impressive 80 of a maximum 95 points in the voting process ahead of Scott Harrington of the London Knights who finished in second place with 36 voting points, and Cody Ceci of the Ottawa 67ís who finished in third place with 28 voting points. ~ ontariohockeyleague.com
Just goes to show how far and away ahead he is than his peers in the league and that's including missing 10 games due to a suspension mid-season. I agree he has some defensive lapses but he also just transitioned to defense a couple years ago. He has little left to prove as he's won nearly every individual award a defenseman can win in the OHL.

I'd rather him get sheltered minutes learning with and against men in the NHL than to watch him dominate another season in the OHL against kids who have no idea what to do when they see a 6'6 200+ lbs defensemen coming at them. He has the offensive ability, he has enough defensive ability (not to mention Boston is on of the best at team defense which will bail the kid out enough if he stumbles) and if he trains well this summer he should be real close to being physically ready to play in the NHL.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote