View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I'm with you on Francisco. Bottom line is the kid has no heart and plays afraid. Nothing drove me mad more than watching him charge in on the forecheck, spray the d-man with snow, then gently brush up against him and skate off confident that he fooled the coaching staff yet again that he put a body check on the guy!!! I don't care what Spott gave up to get him (Maxwell). Steve, the experiment is over!! This deal between you and Sarnia was a wash. Enough already.

Also, while we are on the topic of dead experiments, same goes for Grant too!! Spott needs to admit using a 3rd rounder on this guy was a mistake and move on (even though Stefan Noesen was still on the board ). I'll never forget draft day that year reading the posts on RangersRush from Lone Ranger during the draft basically screaming at Spott to take Noesen. That's a day Spott should have been logged onto that forum!!

I was more than willing to give Francisco a very very long leash due to the fact that many scouts had him as a possible NHL 1st round draft pick (stop laffing...look it up!!) but now there's not an inch left on the leash.
I also remember that fateful draft day with Noesen available. I'm still not sold on Pederson either, his hands are super but his skating is so sub-par that it doesn't allow him to get the open spots to use them!