View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
In regards to TT what is a fair expectation for him to be drafted or is he a true wildcard?
I think this draft in general is a real wildcard. It is anyone's guess who goes where in the top ten starting at number one. I keep hearing Edmonton will take Murray, but I'm not hearing that they will necessarily trade down to get him. Who knows..if they traded down with the Isles for example...who's to say Columbus wouldn't take Murray at number two? Or perhaps Columbus takes Dumba? They've never selected a franchise dman....I keep hearing Forsberg is their guy but sometimes teams put out false indicators.

You hear that Toronto likes Galchenyuk..and the way things may shape up he could be there at five....or he may go to the Habs at three. Heck he may go to Columbus at two.

There is tremendous intrigue already and we're still six weeks from the draft.

I think TT could go anywhere from third overall to eighth, but at the end of the day might be the best player in the draft. I think several players have that potential. I'm not 100 per cent convinced that Yakupov will be the best NHLer from this draft, it's by no means a certified lock. I think you'll find that's the case in most drafts...more often than not the first player chosen isn't the best player from that draft class when their careers are all said and done.