View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
If Toronto really is keen on getting Luongo - and the fact we probably will have to take some "contract money" back - how about this:

To Toronto: Luongo
To Vancouver: Schenn and Lombardi

Canucks take on $7.1 million in contract dollars and get oursleves a center to replace Kesler till he is back and who can easily slide down to 3rd line slot - albeit at a pretty high price for a 3rd line center - but it is only for two seasons. Canucks also get a potential #1 d-man...time will tell...who is locked up at decent money for a good d-man for a long time. If he doesn't pan out (as some are now suggesting) that is the price we pay for someone talking on Loui's life time deal.

This, IMO, allows us to move Malhotra and Ballard to free up cap space to make another move or two.
While I understand the rationality, we need a pick coming back to take Lombardi off Toronto's hands. Not to mention I shudder at the thought of us potentially playing two months of the season with Lombardi as our second line center. At this stage of his career, it is near debatable he is even an upgrade on Lapierre. I would prefer a Bozak type player, who is essentially a tweer second/third line guy.