View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I'll answer the last two questions in this post.

I've heard comparisons to Sakic and Kane from other scouts.

His hockey sense is off the charts and perhaps his most important intangible. He thinks the game better than everyone else and it's a trait that cannot be underestimated. He's also a very fluid skater with excellent agility a smooth natural stride. He has a great one-timer and a quick, accurate shot. His passing abilities are elite, and when he has the puck he controls play out there with his anticipation and vision.

I love Collberg too - one team's head scout called him his favourite player and it's hard not to agree - I think wherever he's drafted it will be too low. I have him in my top ten. There's also a possibility he becomes the best player from this draft.

In comparison to TT - Collberg can't control a game like TT can. On the Finnish PP it is TT that runs the show from the right hash marks. Collberg is more of a secondary guy on the Swedish PP...and he's a winger.

TT will be a top two center in the NHL, perhaps a first-line one. Colberg will likely be a first or second line winger. There is more value in the center - size and skill being equal. I think most scouts feel TT has more more offensive upside however.

Neither will be bruisers in the NHL so I wouldn't necessarily give Collberg much of an edge in that department - I do like his competitiveness though...he's always on the puck.
So the pros and cons with him and Galchenyuk...

Galchenyuk +size -knee -missing a season +hockey sense, just not as good
TT -size no physical concerns ++ hockey sense a bit more creative with the puck