View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm not giving Staal and Tangradi for Kulemin, Ashton, and the 5th overall. Neither is Shero. If he's not high on Schenn (and he might not be), then I could see Staal for Kulemin, Bozak (3rd line short term filler), Ashton, and the 5th overall. Shero is going to squeeze teams if he moves Staal. It will be about the offer that makes him stop hedging, not a 'fair' offer.
I'm in agreement with you as far as acquiring Kulemin. I don't think we need Staal to do it though. And if we got Bozak, sooner or later we'd run into a similar issue with him that we have with Staal.

I think we could pick up Kulemin's rights for a pick, a D prospect or even Lovejoy. From what I've read, his value isn't very high with the Leafs ... and how he was moved around the line up this season seems to enforce that.

If we're moving Staal, then I'd rather see him go for a winger for Sid. I'm probably going to catch grief for this, but I think Jeffrey would be just fine as the third line center. He filled the role well enough when given the opportunity this season. There will probably be some growing pains, but I think they can be offset with having Cookie and Duper on his wings.