View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
I'm in agreement with you as far as acquiring Kulemin. I don't think we need Staal to do it though. And if we got Bozak, sooner or later we'd run into a similar issue with him that we have with Staal.

I think we could pick up Kulemin's rights for a pick, a D prospect or even Lovejoy. From what I've read, his value isn't very high with the Leafs ... and how he was moved around the line up this season seems to enforce that.

If we're moving Staal, then I'd rather see him go for a winger for Sid. I'm probably going to catch grief for this, but I think Jeffrey would be just fine as the third line center. He filled the role well enough when given the opportunity this season. There will probably be some growing pains, but I think they can be offset with having Cookie and Duper on his wings.
The point with acquiring Kulemin is that you then can slide Kunitz back with Sid.

Two deals . . . Staal for Kulemin, Bozak, Ashton, and the 5th overall. Then, TK and Martin for Malone. Here are your lines . . .

Kunitz-Sid-Neal (see, Sid gets his linemates . . . )
Malone-Malkin-Kulemin (I'd have no problem with this)

Then, you'd have a Cooke-Bozak-Dupuis checking line and a Tangradi-Vitale-Ashton kids line. Or, you swap Bozak and Vitale. Either way, the point would be to use Sid and Geno more in all situations . . .

Plus, you'd have the 5th overall pick in your back pocket, someone who could contribute himself next year.

EDIT: Oh ****, I just realized this won't work. Craig Adams isn't a starter.