View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
The point with acquiring Kulemin is that you then can slide Kunitz back with Sid.

Two deals . . . Staal for Kulemin, Bozak, Ashton, and the 5th overall. Then, TK and Martin for Malone. Here are your lines . . .

Kunitz-Sid-Neal (see, Sid gets his linemates . . . )
Malone-Malkin-Kulemin (I'd have no problem with this)

Then, you'd have a Cooke-Bozak-Dupuis checking line and a Tangradi-Vitale-Ashton kids line. Or, you swap Bozak and Vitale. Either way, the point would be to use Sid and Geno more in all situations . . .

Plus, you'd have the 5th overall pick in your back pocket, someone who could contribute himself next year.

EDIT: Oh ****, I just realized this won't work. Craig Adams isn't a starter.
I get what you're saying ... my point is that if we acquire Bozak we'd find ourselves in the same place we are with Staal. There's no doubt that Bozak would be an exceptional third line center. However, scouting reports projected him as a second line center and he's been centering the top line in Toronto ... how happy is he going to be playing behind Sid and Geno? And when he is UFA at the end of next season just like Staal ....

I'm all for adding Kulemin to Geno's line and moving Kunitz back with Sid ... and I'm all for bundling Staal with either Martin or Orpik. I just think we can get Kulemin without using Staal ... which means we can then trade Staal and Martin/Orpik for a winger for Sid and some additional return that fills a need. Like maybe something centered on Staal + Orpik/Martin for something centered around Seto + Harding.

Personally, I'm not as big on Stewart as a winger for Sid as others ... my concern is whether he could keep pace with Sid. A good offseason conditioning wise might make a difference, but I would rather look elsewhere.

::EDIT:: Failed to note, Harding would have to be re-signed at an 'acceptable' cap hit ... also not a big fan of Malone's cap hit

Last edited by DegenX: 05-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.