View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 01:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think his current contract matters. He is one of the top young d-men in the game and unless his agent is an idiot he'll want a good contract.

I wouldn't mind signing him for 4-5 years but the cap hit would increase not drop. Possibly around 4.75-5 mil
I would think that current contracts factor into the situation for reference as it seems logical that it would but if not then so be it.

I wouldn't mind if they locked him up for 4/5 years, but I don't think that's a good approach since he's had only 2 full seasons in the NHL. I think it would be better to sign him for a shorter length on hopefully a cheaper contract and then after that give him his big contract when he's 25 and buy out several UFA years. But we'll see what MB does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Letang is the obvious comparable.

Was getting 835k on his ELC during which he played 210 NHL games for 77 points.

Subban played 160 NHL games on his ELC for 76 points.

Letang got 4 years at 3.5 million when the salary cap was lower. Subban's got to be looking at 4 million per year.
That's an interesting example, I hope they don't go that route cause that would take him to 27 and I'd rather see him signed to 2 contracts before his UFA days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gomez you have to assume he is waived and his cap hit is gone or it will be hard to improve/fill some holes.
I wouldn't just assume that until we see what they will do.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote