View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 03:06 PM
predwings

vCash: 500
RFA Targets? Tradeable?

Who on the RFA list or targets on Rosters you'd trade for to fill either Suter's gap or any position we're currently in dire need of.

I have a feeling some of these would definitely consider signing extensions with us to continue their stay as well.

Del Zotto/McD - Young up and coming D-men that would definitely help us. They are about to end their contract and will want some more money. The Rangers may franchise them, but they're currently experiencing some cap issues where there isn't too much space.

Mike Green - Decent D-man, though definitely a bit overpaid for his production. He did have an amazing season a couple years ago and could definitely do it for us in our type of system. They won't have cap issues next year especially with Semin and Wideman off the books. Don't see it happening, but maybe they'll get Suter Fever and go for his rights or want Radulov to speak with Ovie.

Matt Duchene - 1st line center potential. Didn't play the full season last year and RFA status is upcoming. I think Colorado is looking to improve in the Defensive category. Some of our stud prospects could definitely sweeten a pot. It would also allow him to get away from Stastny and shine as the first line center for us.

I think MDZ/McD and Duchene are our best bets. Teams that would be willing to improve their chances with things we have or who need room and can't hold onto everyone. I see the Rangers being in trouble unless the Cap is upped a bunch in these coming years.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote