View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Matty K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Where does the idea come from that this is still stale lineup thats been together too long?

The top 9 at the end of the year

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

There are just 4 players (likely to be just 3 by the start of next season) that are long tenured Sabres in that group.

Our defense is also relatively new group with Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer just getting here. Leo has only two years as a Sabre. Sekera and Myers are the only dman with any "time" here.

Then there are the goalies. Miller obviously has time here but Enroth is just starting out.

I think posters need to take a break from their ranting and raving to realize there is been a decent amount of turnover and I doubt its done.
I'm not ranting and don't take me as a fool I know what's going on with this Organization and when I meant same faces I obviously meant the "Rochester" Core that's been here for a while. The core that is mentally fragile and takes up over $26,000,000M in Cap Space.(Vanek, Miller, Roy, Staff, Pominville).

I get Regier is starting to change things with Ehrhoff(great signing TBH), Leino(who played better down the stretch), Regehr(on the decline?), Foligno(what a gem we have), Tropp, CoHo(nice pickup by Regier), McNabb but it starts with the guys who have been given leadership of this Squad which is the "Rochester" Core. Don't get me wrong Regier had a hell of a TDL with the additions of CoHo, 1st Rounder and Sulzer but until Regier starts moving some of the "Rochester" Core guys like Staff, Roy and Vanek will be still be leading the helm of our beloved Sabres. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
People are taking "the core as stale" as a generality regarding the lineup.

The core is most definitely stale.
I would like to see the "Rochester" Core gutted.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote