View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 04:31 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I guess you didn't watch the Devils play. All they did was attack. They also had a lot less people floating on the backcheck. I'm sure it's the system's fault that Briere and others can't play D.
It's the system's fault when it has no counter measures to what the Devils were doing.

Quote:
Welcome to the sports playoffs dude. The best team rarely wins. The healthiest good team that get's favorable matchups, and enough lucky breaks are the teams that more often than not win championships. The Rangers are there because they're good. You still have to actually be a good team.
The "best" team rarely winning is subjective, but what is a fact is that the better DEFENSIVE teams almost always wins the series.

Quote:
Do you think the Phils were the best team in baseball the year they won the championship?
Again, "best team" is subjective. Depends on who you ask.

Quote:
If it was an aberration how did they make it to the finals again using the same system? Seriously, think about that. The crappy system he plays has won a cup, finished 1 point out of 1st in the conference, and taken another a team to the cup final in the span of 5 years.
It has also failed to win when it doesn't produce 4 goals. The cup in Carolina was an aberration. Defense first won the Red Wings, Bruins, Devils, Avalanche, TB......(wait I'll stop there) cups.

Quote:
In the 2010 playoffs the Flyers allowed 2.12 Goals per game before the final series, which was the same type of series as the one they just played against the Pens. So you can get out with the record when scoring less than 4 goals.
You can dismiss it all you want, but if you listened yesterday, they know, and stated as much, that they have to get better DEFENSIVELY. That means CHANGE THE WAY YOU PLAY, ergo, CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM.

Quote:
Just because they won games when they scored 4 or more doesn't mean they needed 4 goals to win. They were beating teams 4-1 and 5-0. Through the first 3 rounds they allowed 4 or more goals 5 times in 17 games. Not amazing, but not horrific either.
You make my point there.

Quote:
They are built to, and win by doing exactly what the Devils did to them. Forecheck the hell out of the opposition, make them make mistakes, and keep the puck in they're end.
If they are built that way then why didn't they do it to the Devils?

Quote:
No he cannot think for them. Seriously, that's completely absurd. How is it his fault if players make poor decisions? Wait don't answer that because I'm sure it'll be a completely ridiculous statement. The bottom line is he can't go inside they're head and say "Matt I know you're thinking about flinging the puck into the center of the ice, but that's a bad idea." You can only coach so much hockey sense into a person at this stage.
Yes he can think for them. I really need to explain this to you?

Quote:
He should've seen what the Devils were doing, and recognized his team couldn't handle it in the shape they were in. He needed to find an adjustment, but he didn't and that is on him.
Exactly. His system, changes to it (finding an adjustment), are on him. Exactly my point, change the system!!!