View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I'm still not sold on Pederson either, his hands are super but his skating is so sub-par that it doesn't allow him to get the open spots to use them!
I'm not sold on him either. He's a player, but no way is he a first rounder like this team has had recently (Marcantuoni, Murphy, Skinner, Fowler, Kadri. 5 years, 5 blue chippers). I keep joking that he's the next Mike Pelech (trade Pederson this year for a Halischuk clone and I'm happy!!) but in reality, he may be another Thomson. That being the case, more will be looked for from him this year but, like Thomson, his value likely won't come around until his 3rd season.

He's a 2nd rounder masquerading as a 1st rounder right now. That's not his fault. Spott chose to take him where he did because he was high on him and since we didn't have a 2nd round pick that year, Spott used a 1st on him because he probably wouldn't have been around in the 3rd round.

The jury is still out. I'm sure I won't be the only one who'll be keeping an eye on the 7 or 8 guys taken after him in the draft to see how they fare!