View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 08:12 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Uh have you watched Alzner play? He's average at best. Average. The only reason he was able to play with Washington last season was because they have **** for depth on defense. If Alzner played here, in our talent pool, he wouldn't be on the team yet. MAYBE he'd be in the role of Whiskey.

But certainly Voynov - Martinez > Alzner, every shut down guy we have > Alzner.

Hickey has a WAY greater upside, and we haven't even seen him yet. People act like that 07 top 5 draft had Messier, Gretzky and Bourque in it, and we selected Aki Berg.

That draft was awful. Outside of Patrick Kane, Couture, and maybe Pacioretty no one in that draft has been that great. Shattenkirk? Blum? Ian Cole? Eller? Voracek?

Meh.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.h...sition=&round=

If Hickey even turns into a 3rd pairing Dman, or we can flip him for something worth a **** I will consider that a good pick.

This ^

Alsner is a turnover machine who puts himself out of position due to his slow decision making. Hickey will be a PMD d man in the NHL, maybe not with us but he will at least be as valuable as Alzner is to whatever team he plays for once he gets there.

Alzner is a fringe NHLer at this point and really only plays because his team doesn't have anyone else to fill his role.

Oh and Hickey impressed me allot with the way he has picked up his game this season. He is steadily becoming a very good pmd with 4/6 capabilities.

I'd stand by it.