View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 09:34 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
It is laughable to think that if suter leaves it is the end of the world. It isnt. He leaves, and if we are true to spending a bit of money for the right fits, maybe we upgrade two spots and just live with the growing pains of Josi or Blum playing with Weber
What does the end of the world mean to you? Flaming fires from hell and various people rising to clouds? No, that probably won't happen if Suter doesn't resign.

But if he walks and we do nothing to replace him, I have little doubt we'll take a step back. And that's just dealing with 1 of our 15 UFA/RFAs.

Poile has not made a significant offseason addition via UFA or trade since he signed Jason Arnott SIX YEARS AGO. Sergie Kosistynen would be the next closest thing to a significant addition. After that, you're looking at Jack Hillen territory.

Do I hope Poile can get a couple decent UFAs and maybe even get creative with trading? Hell Yes! But I have my doubts-- it's Poile. The only time he typical making moves is at the deadline when prices are high, creativity isn't need (highest bidder wins), and players don't have much time to gel before the playoffs.