Thread: Proposal: Rangers - Canucks
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post
My god, the quote you quote didn't come up and I thought you called Edler a project defensemen. Was ready to unleash my rage, phew

Kesler had an offseason so I can see most of HF undervaluing and downplaying his capabilities. Kesler is still a top notch center and just because he had a bad year last year doesn't mean that he'll always be the same player he was last season. Edler, like Kesler, had a poor playoff showing (his worst I have EVER seen and he's my favourite player). Marc Staal on the other hand has played like preconcussion Staal so his value is similar to Edlers, but the Canucks covet defensemen like Edler that are more offensively capable (not taking anything away from Staal of course).

I don't see these 2 team trading unless Canucks want to take a shot at Dubinsky and even then, his value is super low right now and it may not be in Sather's best interest to trade him.
Very understandable and great response. I can see why the Canucks would turn down this deal as they probably feel more comfortable with their guys.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote