Thread: Speculation: Luongo Trade Talk Part. 3
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 12:11 AM
I in the Eye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Or Schneider could sign a one-year contract, and wait until Luongo is traded before signing long-term. That way, he keeps his options open if MG/AV pulls the switcheroo and goes with Luongo at some time during the season or in the playoffs.

If the Flyers can trade Mike Richards and Jeff Carter after they signed cap-friendly long-term contracts, I would not trust any kind of a verbal promise from anyone.
I don't believe there is so much distrust between Schneider and the Canucks organization... The Canucks have been great to Schneider, and Schneider has been great to the Canucks... I see no reason why this wouldn't continue... There's great history and good faith here between both parties...

But, if Schneider is only willing to sign a 1-year contract, Gillis' decision is pretty easy... He should keep Luongo long term, and trade Schneider... Otherwise, the Canucks are probably going to be without any #1 goaltender in the foreseeable future... Something is seriously wrong if Schneider is only willing to sign a 1-year contract... Trade Luongo now, and then potentially lose Schneider next year as an UFA? Seems rather foolish to me, to put yourself in that situation...