View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 01:11 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Jaroslav Janus and Richard Pánik led Norfolk Admirals to win game 6 of their series 2-1 OT against Connecticut. Admirals won the series 4-2. Janus allowed one goal on 31 shots (96,77%) after recording a shutout in game 5. Pánik scored the OT goal on a breakaway.

About Pánik and his play last night and overall in the play offs from boltprospects:

Quote:
Richard Panik and Janus were the game's first and second stars. Panik is made of steel. He took a slapshot to the face in the Third Period and looked tough as nails immediately popping up and skating to the locker room for his medical care. No nonsense. Stitch me up. He gets back out midway through Overtime, and on his first shift he absolutely dejocked Cameron Talbot on a backhand-forehand deke for the breakaway winner in Overtime. He was ineffective the final month of the regular season, but what has impressed me in these playoffs is that although the points haven't come in droves, he's been very strong on the puck on the forecheck and he's contributed in other areas. I felt so good for the young man to get the winner.
Pánik´s OT goal

Marek Hrivík got a primary assist on the Whales only goal. The post on boltprospects mentions that he also hit the underside of the crossbar and was waved of. A goal there could have given the Whale the 2-0 lead. Hrívik finishes the AHL play offs with 9 points (5 goals and 4 assists) in 9 games and will now hope that the Rangers will sign him.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 05-12-2012 at 01:17 AM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote