View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Oh man, never eat at Luna's. Very dirty. I even remember something in the papers about their hygiene and food safety infractions.

I am no pizza expert, I don't eat out often and when I do it's usually not pizza, but since you're in the west island try Spano's pizza on st-charles, there's also one in DDO on sunnybrooke. Nice greek owned pizza shop, was never disappointed. Order the deluxe!
After some of the suggestions in this thread I

1) Tried Giovanni's in Oakville. Not quite Montreal pizza but excellent by TO's standards.

2) I actually called Mama's on St. Charles and found out that they in fact are the former owners of Luna's and apparently still make the same pizza. So I'll definitely go there next time I'm in town.

3) As for Luna's... I still gotta try them again when I go back. Too much history with that place to give up on them. Makes me very sad to hear some of the comments here but a few years back I thought it was pretty good. Minor changes throughout the years, it's not as good as it was in the 80s but I still loved it. Really nice to hear that at least the folks who had the place in the 90s are out there...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote