View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 12:15 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Markov is probably my favorite player, or at least he was when he was playing.

And I'm not bashing Emelin. People were actually bashing Campoli for exemple this year, but he still had a better season than Emelin. And I also really liked him at first because of the hits, but he doesn't bring much of anything besides those hits, including grit and defensive play.

And I can see some upside, since he had some good moments this year, but the more icetime he got, the weaker was our defense. To the point that at the end of the season, they started giving his icetime to Frederic St-Denis, who is no Larry Robinson, and it stabilized our defense a lot.

Our D will probably suck again next year, so him, Weber and St-Denis will fight for a roster spot, but one of them will have to step up his game, or we'll miss the playoffs again.
I honestly don't know how someone can come up with that thought.

I find your rethoric broken, for countless reasons. One of them is that you ignore the progression emelin had throughout the year, and that he brought much needed energy and grit to a soft defence (that includes campoli of course) and that his play stabilized as the year went on and not the other way around.

If you want to point out the problem in our defence, its not about the only guy who is finally making it hard for the other team to enter our zone, its about all those soft players shy to go in the corners that are supposed to be SO good with the puck, mobile ect... when they actually are a little above average at best (and mind you, what's speed going to add if they throw in the emergency break to let the opponent go in the corner first and get the puck ?) . Weber, campoli, kaberle, diaz ... same mold. Id keep diaz and flush the rest for a decent top 4.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote