View Single Post
05-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Top Cheese Danish
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
Regarding Captaincy, it's clear Giroux should take the C. A team littered with talented rookies, you want someone who has some experience, but can still hang with them, someone who can bridge the gap, someone close enough in generation to them, that they feel they are capable of achieving his role too.

Pronger is a good coach's Captain, but at this point in his career, he can't be both a coach's and player's Captain, like Giroux can and will be for years.
This so much. It would definitely be a benefit to have a young captain on a team where the majority of the players are in their teens to early twenties. He seems like more of a friend to the younger guys, i.e. living with Brayden Schenn, Coots coming over to watch the game at his apartment (24/7), etc. A little different than someone like Prongs or Kimmo, who go home to their families and kids after the game.

This comment is so outlandish, I can't even begin to formulate a response.
Seriously. I applaude Carle's love for this organization, but if he ever came on these boards or checked Twitter regularly, he would pack his bags and run for the nearest paycheck, no matter the amount. I think he's the most hated player on this team since Leighton.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote