View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Schwang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I hope whoever the new coach will give him a serious look on the PP. I couldnt for the life of me figure out why he got so little time last year, when it was evident that he has the offensive capabilities to man the point, way more than Gorges for instance.
You said it yourself. The genius coaching staff we had somehow felt Gorges had offensive capabilities. I cringed every time they had him out on the blueline while Emelin sat. Gee, why did we finish 29th on the PP? So glad they are gone now!

Also, for all those Emelin bashers (well, all 2 of you) - the guy was a physical presence, blocked shots, one of the top hitters in the league, despite playing less than the leaders. He also showed a bit of offensive talent joinining the rush. Yes his plus minus wasn't great and I think he needs work clearing the front, but I haven't seen a Hab hit like that in a very long time! He will be the next Odelein (without the fighting, but with more offence). I think near the end, he was playing hurt and his play suffered. I didn't like him partnered with Markov either. Hopefully they can gell next season. Maybe it was a combo of him being hurt and Markov being rusty. God, I hope Markov can bounce back!

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote