View Single Post
Old
11-24-2003, 10:32 AM
darth5
No!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
I also agree here regarding Schastlivy. He would be a solid addition to the 2nd line in Nashville. I would like to see something else come of this "possible" deal, such as Rachunek, Bonk. I know Walker is a fan favorite but the Preds have to ignore emotional ties and plan for several seasons down the line. The Preds already have a couple players who are younger versions of Walker, such as Tootoo, Hartnell.

Scoring seems to be the Preds problem, and I think Schastlivy would be an immediate improvement in that department - at least he would down the road a season or two.
Yes, the Preds are loaded with gritty, hard-working, blue collar leadership types. Scottie is one of my favorites, too-- but taking the long view, Schatslivy has loads more scoring potential. Heck, even this year it would be a wash in goal production at worst.

We have already seen the peak of Walker's scoring potential.

I think it is time for more bold moves on David Poile's part. Both in coaching and on the roster. The cast assembled could make a serious run for the 8th seed. This would increase the odds in favor.