View Single Post
Old
03-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Diaboli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifk88
This list is based for my personal scouting, statistics and what i've seen, heard, read and wrote! It's allmost impossible to see all of these players playing regularly or maybe never!?

like Jesse, who plays in Sweden!

So,

I haven't seen how good Jesse Turkulainen really is, but i have heard great things about him and i'm pretty sure that he will be great player for Finland!

I think it's not very common, that defenseman is U16 national team scoring leader and he is also going to make he's debut in finnish U-17 team as an one year younger than he should???
I can understand your logic with the numbers, but I just can't see why make lists purely on what you read from the stat sheet. Or game reports, prolly as biased as they come. (Figuring you read them from the organisations pages).

Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifk88
Now, I want to ask you something!

When you rank some players, have you allways seen them playing?

EDIT.

I'm just curious!
Yes, I have

Hence the reason I very rarely make rankings on youth players.

I just can't see the justification for people to make rankings on players (especially such young ones), if they haven't seen them play in person. The big picture often gets skewed, if you just look at reports and stats. Especially for comparisons to older players. Player X might compare to a good player, but how close is he to him?

Oh well, just my 2 cents (€uro ) for this topic, which in its purpose is good, though