View Single Post
Old
05-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Hold the Pickles

vCash: 500
For a the main family room TV, put me down for Panny as well. Colors may not be as brilliant, but they seem more real to me (probably the deeper blacks helping here). Plus, I watch a lot of sports so motion blur is more important to me. Concerning motion blur, it seems only the high end LED's are comparable and they generally are much more expensive.

Of course there are other things to consider. If you're in a bright environment, LED's are probably a better way to go as they're brighter and tend to have less glare problems. Plasmas are also much heavier, which can come into play in various situations. Plasmas generally aren't as thin and generate considerable heat. They are more prone to screen burn in which makes them less appropriate for gaming and such--If you're careful you should be fine as they're much better than they used to be an most video sources have screen savers these days.

Anyway, it comes down to how you weigh the pros and cons. For me, color accuracy and motion blur are at the top of the list. I don't have a bright environment and I don't need to move or hang my tv as its in THE right place. I also don't game on my main TV and don't have kids, whom tend to not pay attention to things like screen burn.

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote