View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 12:31 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
i haven't read this whole thread and won't do so but anyone who thinks having a different coach would have caused our highly paid players to actually play like highly paid players in the second round is fooling themselves.

and anyway the chances of trotz being fired are only slightly greater than the chances of the world ending next december...
It's just a topic....I don't expect Trotz to get fired like I don't expect us to win the Stanley Cup with Trotz. We had better talent this year than last but got outplayed and lost the series in one less game. Coaches get fired all the time because highly paid players don't live up to expectations. Tippet showed that the same system that finishes; wins. We didn't finish and lost. The question is why didn't we finish. Is the talent overated or can't do it in crunch time. We have trouble with our offense and our pp come playoff time. This year especially in the second round the defense let us down. We rely on Rinne too much and when he doesn't play like a super human we loose. When we get behind we struggle and mostly loose because offensively we can't keep up. Rinne can't shutout each team every night ...I don't think any goalie can do that. What will it take for Trotz to get fired?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote