Thread: NHL in Houston
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Gonna be hard to attract an interested party when Alexander holds all the cards and has no interest in owning a team. It's like Paul Allen and Portland, except Allen did show interest once upon a time (when Mario Lemieux was awarded ownership of the Penguins instead of Allen he dropped out of the NHL picture entirely).

It's possible, and Houston does have everything else in place...but an owner is the most important aspect and there just isn't anyone. They've been way too quiet during these past few years for me to imagine someone just coming out of the blue all-of-a-sudden.

It may happen down the road, expansion over relocation, but I think there's other cities that'll top Houston just because of interest shown to this point. If the league does expand in a few years I fully expect it to be Quebec and Seattle.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote