View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Yeah I'm a guy that plays in a no-contact (yeah right) men's league and I'm 22 and tall and skinny. I play in the bottom two divisions as I've only been playing for a little over a year, and I guess because I'm young and somewhat fast the older guys like to take jabs at me and rough me up with their sticks and whatnot. It especially sucks in front of the other team's net where I'm constantly cross-checked in the back and knocked to my knees or slashed or what have you. It would be nice if the refs picked up on it and called a penalty every once in a while but it just doesn't happen. I think the main reason they don't call much for me is because my family owns the rink I play in and the whole entire hockey organization. So, players don't typically take penalties against me because I guess the refs don't want them thinking I'm getting some sort of special treatment (which is BS... if it's a penalty, then call it).

This actually one time led to a fight between me and some guy in his 30s or 40s who was much bigger than me. The dude first slashed me in the back of the legs during one play, so I gave him a little jab with my butt-end to his waist area. On the next play he two handed me across my chest real high where it almost hit my neck and the refs didn't call a thing! So after the next whistle I just took a run at the guy and cross-checked him in the chest and we got into a big scuffle and ended up on the ice.

But I guess all you can do is defend yourself like you said. Cross-checks to the back are definitely annoying and painful so maybe try that.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote